1. LHS Manual Meat Grinder
LHS mincer takes the first position in our top as it’s a versatile and user-friendly product with lots of conveniences that can help you out with the cooking chores. Featuring a plastic housing and stainless steel blades, and measuring only 10” x 6.1” x 4.5”, it will be the perfect addition to your countertop. Easy to use, it does not require too much work as you just have to place the meat into the hopper and turn the hand crank. You can use it together with your children for more interactive cooking experiences. You can prepare lots of foods such as meatballs, burgers, baby food, desserts, and many other more.
Everything is simple with the LHS mincer due to the versatility it brings. Thus, it’s worth to mention it comes with a meat pusher that helps reduce waste and save time. The 2 stainless steel plates will help you obtain both rough and fine grinds, depending on your preferences. More to be mentioned, the
Handiness is another benefit you can obtain when using the LHS appliance, thanks to the ergonomic handle design, and reliable stainless steel body with non-slip bottom that makes grinding safe and effortless. The suction base keeps the unit in place while using it, providing you with stability and steadiness, therefore avoiding accidents. Even more, you can enjoy easy-cleaning as most of the components come apart for individual manually cleaning.
- Easy to use and maneuver
- Easy to take on the road
- It’s versatile and durable
- Cleaning is a breeze
- The capacity might be too small for some
- It could be a little bit sturdier
After all, the LHS unit is the perfect appliance for mincing the meat, and dough. All the conveniences it brings please all the users that are looking for high-performance and versatility. More than this, it is a portable unit, therefore you can take it with you on the go, everywhere necessary.
2. Weston 36-1001-W
Weston is one of the most famous companies for kitchen appliances that you can always count on. It measures only 10.2” x 8” x 11” and it can perfectly fit on your countertop. Made of cast iron and heavy-duty nylon auger bearing, it will provide you with resistance over time. Unlike other models on the market, this one features a clamp-on style that allows you to easily attach it to any countertop that is up to 1.5” thick, therefore, there is no risk of slipping. It comes with two effective stainless steel cutting plates that allow for fine or coarse grinds but also with a sausage kit that includes an adapter, a spacer, and 3 funnel sizes, each of them measuring 14mm, 19mm, and 24mm. More to be mentioned, the ergonomically designed handle allows for effortless operation as it turns immediately. Together with all these, you can also enjoy an easy-cleaning process, as the unit disassembles quickly. The best part about it is that you can enjoy lots of functions, a portable design, and affordable pricing.
- Heavy-duty material used
- Comes with three sizes of sausage stuffing funnels
- It is durable and long lasting
- Comes with an affordable price
- It is prone to rust
- Design could be improved
The main reason why people shop for this product is the sturdiness it brings. In addition to this, they also take into consideration its versatility features, ergonomic design, and variety of accessories it comes with. For instance, the variety of sausage funnels pleases all the customers.
3. Artence Meat Grinder
Mince like a chef at your own home with the Artence grinder, a handy and helpful machine for all those who want to grind fresh meat. Sturdy and well-designed, Artence measures only 8.4”x 4.6”x 4.6” and it’s a perfect appliance for your countertop. Plus, as it is compact, it can be easily transported in all your trips. It works great with many types of meat, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and many other foods. You’ll be thoroughly pleased by its heavy duty-plastic and stainless steel design which assures high-performance and durability, but also the ergonomic construction with large hopper and practical handle. The two plates allow for both fine and coarse mincing while the sausage funnel lets you prepare your favorite home-made sausages. In addition to this, you can enjoy a large capacity, as the hopper size has been increased for grinding more food. Safety is another aspect to consider, this is why it comes equipped with a powerful suction base, firmly attached to the flat counter, assuring a non-slip surface while using the machine.
- It runs smoothly
- Easy to use and maneuver
- People are pleased by the ease of cleaning
- Great customer service
- Some would have preferred a sturdier design
- Some claim it clogs easily
This is a saleable product especially due to its firm and heavy-duty construction. People are extremely pleased by its high-performance mincing ability and also the variety of functions. Besides meat, the machine is able to grind lots of foods in just a short time. Plus, the fact that’s handy and easy to clean makes it even more desired.
4. LEM #10 Stainless Steel Clamp On Hand Grinder
This stainless steel machine is another reliable product to consider, as it’s highly durable, ideal for long-term use. This is because of the outstanding manufacturing and high-quality materials, as well as the rust-proof design. LEM will please you with a wide opening on the clamp that allows you to mount it on any countertop or table, offering both versatility and ease of use. It comes with two stainless steel plates, one for coarse grinding, up to 3/8” and another for fine grinding up to 3/16”. Hence, you can choose exactly what you need by just changing them, depending on the task. Along with these, it comes with a stainless steel knife, as well, and three stuffing tubes for sausages, each of them of different sizes. You can choose between 1/2”, 3/4”, and 7/8”, exactly the way you want them to be. As it concerns maintenance, it’s an easy-to-clean machine, thanks to the detachable components that make cleaning effortless.
- The outstanding construction offers many years of use
- Can be attached to most countertops and tables
- Users are pleased by the sausage attachments efficiency
- Very easy to clean
- Some say there’s need for certain design improvements
- It might be too small for some
If you’re looking for a stainless steel manual meat grinder, this is for sure an excellent pick to look at. The mix of high-quality design and versatile features makes it one of the most common customers’ choices. The quality-price ratio is worth considering, as well.
5. Simple Being Meat Grinder Set
The Simple Being machine is one of the most effective and affordable grinders on the market. Made of heavy-duty plastic and stainless steel, it will assure durability and long-lasting performance. Grinding meats and vegetables has never been easier as you just have to place the pieces of meat into the machine and turn the handle. Cook like a pro and prepare your favorite hamburgers, meatballs, and sausages at home. The safe and ergonomic design allows for a secure operation, as the blades are fully enclosed to prevent potential accidents. Even more, it comes with a meat pusher to keep the hands and fingers out of the feeder. Together with all these, you’ll also be provided with a firm operation due to the strong suction base that keeps the unit in place while using it. You’ll be pleased to find out it’s easy to transport thanks to the lightweight construction. More than this, it is dishwasher safe so it is extremely easy to clean. For your peace of mind, there’s a money-back guarantee, if there are any potential inconveniences.
- Super compact, lightweight, and portable
- Very easy to use
- It is dishwasher safe
- It is cost-effective
- There are no various options for coarseness
- Some design details could be improved
This product sells so well thanks to the safe and ergonomic design but also the grinding ability it provides users with. Even though there are no coarseness options, it’s still a reliable and high-performance machine that can help you in all your cooking projects. Plus, its tiny size makes it easy to transport wherever necessary.
6. Norpro Meat Grinder
Norpro is another reliable machine you can count on as it features a durable and sturdy design, yet it only measures 7″ x 4.75″ x 4″. The main highlight of the Norpro unit is that it combines the functionality of three kitchen gadgets in one. Therefore, it can be used as a grinder, mincer, and pasta maker. This must-have product comes with two plates namely the fine mincing plate and coarse mincing plate. The two plates will help you mince the meat the exact size you want, depending on your preferences. Besides grinding the meat, you’ll be thoroughly pleased to find out it comes with 5 pasta attachments and a sausage funnel. More than this, you can run it smoothly and confidently on your countertop, as it features a stable suction base and locking key that fixes the unit to prevent slipping. After using it, you can easily clean it as most of its components are detachable and store it practically in a cabinet as it will not require too much space. Plus, it’s definitely a portable unit taking into consideration its compact size.
- Small and easy to use
- Stunning suction ability
- Reliable and well-designed
- Comes with a variety of attachments
- Some would have preferred a sturdier construction
- Some found it a little bit difficult to maneuver
The fact that it can be used as a mincer, grinder, and pasta maker is the main criterion people take into consideration when shopping for it. Additionally, the safety and steadiness it brings while using it is another benefit users consider. Thus, versatility and handiness are the best terms to describe the Norpro unit.
7. Useful UH-A120
The Useful unit is one of the most affordable grinders on the market you can purchase. Even though it is a cost-effective choice, it will thoroughly please you with the numerous conveniences it comes with. Therefore, it has a 3-in-1 design, so you can choose from mincing, grinding, and making pasta. All these with just some easy steps, at home, without any additional requirements. Together with all these, there’s also an enclosed funnel, ideal for making sausages. Besides meat, it can handle vegetables, fruits, and nuts. It comes with two cutting plates which allow for both fine and coarse mincing to suit your needs. So you get more than a meat grinder as you have the opportunity to extend your imagination with the various functions it brings. Concerning the design details, it measures only 7.8” x 5.7” x 5.1” and it’s chiefly made of plastic. It might not be as sturdy as other competitors but it’s still a reliable and high-quality pick. It has a portable design and it is also easy to clean as most of its components are detachable. Plus, a pasta and linguini attachment comes with this model, too.
- Can be used to make pasta, as well
- Safe and reliable, prevents finger injuries
- Ease of use
- Very affordable pricing
- Cannot handle rough meat cuts
- Plastic pieces can get mixed with ground meat
As the name says it all, this appliance is useful in the kitchen mostly due to its 3-in-1 design. So if you are on a budget and using a plastic machine won’t bother you, this is surely the best grinder to shop for. As well as, if you want to use it for softer cuts and pasta, the Useful machine will totally match your needs.
8. Gideon GD-MT-MCER-02
- The heavy-duty plastic and stainless steel construction is very durable
- The compact size makes it portable
- The dishwasher-friendly design pleases most of the users
- It’s easy to disassemble for convenient storage
- The lack of accessories, especially of a sausage attachment
- It does not crush bones
The reason why this product sells so well is the steadiness and durability it features, as it’s a very reliable appliance you can always count on. This is because it’s made of high-quality materials, meant to provide users with long-lasting performance. Plus, the blades are very sharp and effective and allow for proper versatility.
9. Kitchen Basics 3 in 1 Meat Grinder
- Can be used for preparing pasta
- Includes 3 different sizes of sausage funnels
- The compact size and portable design
- The ease of cleaning
- It is not suitable for grinding bones
- Customer support could be better
Overall, this is a saleable machine thanks to its versatile application and user-friendly design. The fact that it’s a multi-purpose unit makes it even a more popular pick among the customers. Plus, the variety of attachments is another aspect users consider.
10. Bellemain Manual Grinder
- All the parts are food safe
- Simple hand control
- The single suction base is very reliable
- Easily comes apart for effortless cleaning
- There’s no sausage attachment
- It hasn’t the ability to cut bones
The reason why this product sells so well is the ease of use and versatility it offers to customers. Even more, the fact it brings full control and easy maneuverability is another relevant characteristic users consider when shopping for it.
11. CucinaPro 265-08
- The metal construction makes it a reliable purchase
- It’s very easy to use
- Cleaning is effortless
- It has a good value
- Some claim manufacturing could be better
- It might sometimes clog
Overall, this is a saleable product due to the heavy-duty construction that makes it worth considering. Plus, the fact that it has three different cutting disks makes it even more desired, as it lets users mince exactly how they want.
12. Zalik 4-In-1 Manual Mincer
- Works as a grinder, dessert maker, and juicer
- The ability to perform quietly
- It’s easy to maneuver
- The portable design
- Does not grind bones
- Cleaning might be tricky
People are pleased with this unit as it’s a compact and lightweight product that can be easily maneuvered by anyone. Thus, you’ll enjoy both great grinding performance and user-friendly design. Moreover, the 4-in-1 design makes it even more popular as it can be used as a juicer and dessert maker, as well.
13. WalterDrake Manual Cast Iron Meat Grinder
- The sharpness of the knife brings remarkable outcomes
- The well-built quality pleases all users
- Grinds meat quickly
- It’s easy to clean and maintain
- The lack of additional plates
- The input container is too small
If you’re looking for a product ideal for light-duty tasks, this one is a good option to consider. It’s a versatile, easy-to-use machine that works great for daily use, especially that can grind 2 pounds per minute. The smooth operation it offers weighs a lot in the users’ final decision, as well.
14. Chard HG-8
- Easy to work with
- Able to withstand rust
- Suitable for various tasks
- The ease of cleaning pleases all users
- Some say it’s too wobbly
- A bit tricky to fix it on a table
If looking for a tabletop-clamp styled machine, this is a good choice to take into account and this is because it’s a sturdy, powerful unit that will offer many years of performance. The easy-handling makes it more wanted, as well as the effortless cleaning process that requires only a few minutes.
Buying this type of kitchen appliance includes some important factors to consider before. Choosing a proper machine will lead to many years of performance and durability, implicitly to the best outcomes. This is why it’s recommended to be aware of some important details such as power, blades’ sharpness, and versatility. There are many other aspects to take into consideration, so keep on reading the following lines.
- Durability – As you are interested in long-term use and high-performance, it’s important to focus on the durability of the product. So, the item should be sturdy and reliable enough to resist the amount of usage you require. Even though manual grinders can’t be compared with the electric ones, it’s relevant to look for tough constructions, with trustworthy features. This won’t be a problem, as all the products listed above bring both high-quality and solidity for long-lasting performance. Once you choose the one that suits your needs the best, take a closer look at the particular details and specifications to make sure it’s able to provide you with sturdiness.
- Material Choice – Materials are also related to durability, in this case, the blade matters the most as it’s compulsory to look for stainless steel blades, with a high sharpness level. The sharper is the blade, the better are the results, as stainless steel is strong and reliable, able to make the machine operate properly for a long period. As well as, it’s extremely hygienic and prevents bacteria development. More than this, it’s able to withstand rust and corrosion, an aspect that makes cleaning and sanitation a breeze.
- Ease of Use – When deciding on the best appliance, we surely want a user-friendly design. Nobody wants to spend hours assembling the unit and figuring out how it works. This is why it’s good to carefully search for this factor, too, to offer convenience and handiness. This also depends on the frequency of operation, if constant use is necessary, then you’ll need a practical machine, with a well-positioned handle and well-positioned feed tube. You’ll see these features are highly important, as they make operation a breeze, avoiding the hassle into your kitchen.
- Ease of Cleaning – Clean up is worth considering, too, as the unit should be easy to take apart for effortless cleaning. Even better, a dishwasher-friendly machine can be a real aid after finishing the mincing process. As you work with raw meat, the leftovers can lead to buildups of mold or germs that can be easily transferred into the food. Hence, it’s better to prevent this by thoroughly cleaning the unit. Stainless steel is again the best choice as it’s very easy to clean, especially if the plates and blades are detachable.
- Accessories – They play an important role, as well, as they bring more convenience and versatility. For instance, a meat grinder does more than just grinding meat, it can help you make sausages, kubbe, and pasta. Therefore, accessories are compulsory so that you can prepare all these. Fortunately, most of the units come with sausage attachments, kubbe attachments, pasta attachments, and also a variety of blades for fine and coarse mincing. Plus, for safe operation, they feature meat pushers, too.
Electric VS Manual Meat Grinder
Both types are extremely popular in the users’ kitchens, as they are helpful machines that will do the job in no time. However, they come with similarities and differences, which we’ll compare in the following lines. Thus, if you haven’t decided yet what type to opt for, we’re here to help you out:
Electric grinders are extremely fast and easy to operate. Just plug them in, press the button and wait for the meat to get chopped. There’s no doubt that an electric grinder can work faster than a manual one. It’s also quicker to assembly compared to a manual machine. Plus, it also stands for hygiene as it doesn’t require to use a handle in order to make it work. Thus, meat juice won’t disperse all over the unit.
Nevertheless, it comes with drawbacks, as well, as it’s a bit more expensive than a manual one. But, you’re also paying for convenience, ease of use, and mess-free operation. So, it’s a good balance between the positives and negatives. Moreover, another aspect to consider is the sound level, as it can be problematic for certain users. As it’s powered by a motor, the sound level is higher compared to manual appliances, which don’t require electricity.
Manual units are very popular among the customers’ purchases, too. Even though they require a bit of force, they are still one of the most common acquisitions. This is because many users choose the traditional style, due to the design simplicity and small sizes. Compared to the electric units, these are smaller and more compact, an aspect that leads to better handling. Another factor to consider is that they don’t need electricity to operate, and they are also cheaper than electric ones.
The main impediment is that they require lots of force to use them. You have to use your muscles to grind meat, which can be an inconvenience, especially if you have to mince larger amounts. Besides, some of these units also need a surface to clamp them on. Since certain counters and tables are thicker, obtaining this might not be that efficient. Thus, you need to use them on thinner areas to make sure they properly clamp on.
Material: Plastic VS Metal
When speaking of manual meat mincers, there are two main materials they can be manufactured from. Thus, you can choose between plastic machines and metal machines. Both of them are very easy to set up, can be effortlessly operated, and don’t require too much maintenance. Nevertheless, they come with both upsides and disadvantages, so let’s take a closer look at the aspects to take account when shopping for one.
Usually, plastic units are easier to use compared to the metal ones. This is because the setup process doesn’t take too long as all the components are already attached to the product. They do not operate with a clamp-on system, as well, they just need to be placed on an even surface. You won’t have to worry about skidding, thanks to the rubber base that most of them feature. More than this, they cannot rust or corrode, providing you with many years of endurance and peak performance. They are also classified as BPA-free, which means they are food-safe.
On the other hand, metal mincing machines follow the traditional style that most users are accustomed to. They are the best choices for making sausages and burgers. The greatest convenience they bring is the heavy-duty construction that offers durability over time. As the material is extremely solid, they won’t tear or wear easily, leading to many years of performance. They are a bit tricky to put together as it’s very important to properly set up all the pieces. However, they’re still one of the most popular purchases. They have a clamp-on system, so they require attachment to a table or a counter.
Anchoring Mechanism: Clamps/Suction Cups/Bolts
For safety reasons, the grinder should have a trustworthy anchoring mechanism. Steadiness during usage is extremely important in order to prevent accident risks. Besides, apart from making the device less safe, instability makes it also less effective. There are three different types of anchoring mechanisms, meant to keep grinders safe and efficient during use, so let’s find out how they work!
- Suction Cups – They are usually found on budget-friendly models due to the ease of assembly and use. They can be quickly fixed to any surfaces, so they don’t require too much work. However, the major drawback is that they might not properly work on uneven, rough surfaces.
- Clamps – Clamps are more effective than suction cups as they offer extra steadiness. Unfortunately, they take longer to attach compared to suction cups. Moreover, they might not suit all countertops sizes, as they can be thicker than the actual size of a table or a counter. Thus, it’s better to measure it before purchasing a clamp-on system machine.
- Bolts – Bolts are for sure the most effective and reliable mechanism to look at. Grinders that can be bolted to a countertop offer the best stability. Nevertheless, you’ll also be forced to adjust the kitchen counter so that you can accordingly use the machine.
Frequently Asked Questions
After all, choosing a proper grinder isn’t just as difficult as it seems. With all the models listed above, you can reliably pick any of them as they feature high-performance traits. It only depends on what you really need and what makes your life easier. If you want to prepare some patties or make sausages, you can go for the LHS Manual Meat Grinder model. On the other hand, if you want high-performance but also a sturdy and durable construction, the Weston 36-1001-W might be exactly what you are looking for. Finally, it’s important to consider the main characteristics and make sure they suit your needs.