1. Chef’sChoice 615A
Perfectly engineered for high-performance and great power, the Chef’sChoice is the best appliance for home meat slicing. You can enjoy freshly-sliced meat, control your portions and reduce costs by using it. Measuring only 15.5” x 10.4” x 11”, it will be the perfect addition to your countertop. Build of durable cast aluminum and stainless steel, it will provide you with endurance over time, offering the convenience you need in the kitchen. Now you can enjoy efficient and fast slicing, as it comes with a 7” stainless steel blade, able to slice multiple types of food. The product will amaze you with a large food carriage with a wide base for catching the sliced food, but also with a non-slip design, thanks to the suction feet cups that allow for safe operation.
The powerful 120W high-torque motor will provide you with fast and effective operation, offering flawless and fresh meat slices, great for everyday meals or parties. More than this, the precision thickness control is able to slice from deli-thin to almost 3/4” thick, depending on your preferences. For your safety, it has been designed with a continuous on/off switch and a special button that keeps the food carriage locked to restrain the access to blade when the appliance is not in use. As well as, it’s extremely easy to clean, as all the parts are detachable making cleaning a breeze. It also comes with a serving tray, where you can place all the slices you’ve already cut.
- Made of sanitized stainless steel and aluminum
- The powerful motor that provides fast operation
- Lightweight and compact
- Cleaning is a breeze
- Sleek and modern design
- It cannot be washed in the dishwasher
The reason why this product sells so well is the stunning cutting ability that allows people to enjoy perfect slices of their favorite food. Besides being extremely prices when slicing meat, it can be also used for vegetables, cheese, and other types of food.
2. Kitchener Food Slicer
If you want reliability and high-performance, the Kitchener slicer is another great option to take into consideration. Its stainless steel housing will provide you with many years of use, without germs or bacteria. Coming with a 9” stainless steel blade, it will cut even the thickest pieces of meat in just a few seconds. Specially designed with a powerful 150W motor, it will accomplish all your cutting needs, providing you with perfect and sleek slices of meat, veggies, fruits, bread, and cheese. Now you can be a pro even at home when using the Kitchener appliance. Salami, steaks, chicken, turkey, and other types of meat can be easily sliced from deli-thin to 5/8” thick, with the adjustable thickness knob. More to be mentioned, the operation is extremely safe thanks to the suction cup feet that keep the unit in place while slicing, therefore preventing potential accidents. For added safety, the stainless steel carriage surface features a finger protection and end-piece holder, while the teeth on the food pusher give you greater control. Together with all these, Kitchener offers a 9” bread plate, and a 9” serrated blade, for extra versatility. All its parts are removable, thus you can enjoy quick and effortless cleaning, too.
- Very well designed
- Cuts evenly and consistently
- Easy to use and clean
- Great customer service
- It has a lightweight construction
- Some claim a better gripper would be great
- It cannot cut frozen items
The powerful motor and wide stainless steel blade make this unit a great slicer for home use. People love it also due to its compact and lightweight design, that makes it a great addition to their countertop. Even more, it’s easy to clean as you just have to remove the parts and clean them separately.
3. Weston 61-0901-W
Able to cut perfectly thin slices, the Weston machine is a high-performance and high-quality unit that should not miss from your kitchen. The 9” stainless steel blade is powered by a 150W quiet running motor that slices all types of meat, vegetables, and fruits in just a mere of seconds. The adjustable thickness knob allows for slicing from deli-thin to over 1/2” thick, depending on your preferences. More than this, you can enjoy a completely safe operation, thanks to the suction feet cups that keep the unit in place, avoiding moving back and forth when in use. Its large capacity will thoroughly please you, as there’s room for lots of slices. You’ll be also pleased to find out that it can be used with cold food, too. Note that cold does not mean frozen, so it’s recommended to place the meat into the freezer for only 30 minutes before slicing. After using it, just remove the blade and food tray and clean them separately. Plus, its sleek and compact design will definitely match your kitchen décor.
- Easy to use and clean
- It’s great for cutting meat and cheese
- The sturdy construction is very reliable
- It’s energy-saving
- It might be a little noisy for some
- Some say quality could be better
This unit sells so well as it comes with everything needed so you can cut the meet like a pro at home. The powerful motor and sharp blade were specifically designed to please users with perfectly sliced meat and other types of food.
4. Chefman RJ49-CA
With the Chefman appliance, you can slice like a pro even the thickest pieces of meat. This is because it features a 7.5” serrated stainless steel blade and powerful 180W motor for the best results. As it is equipped with an adjustable thickness dial, you can cut from deli-thin to the exact thickness you want. As safety is a primordial concern when using a slicer, it comes with a blade safety guard and food pusher in order to protect your hands from the sharp blade. Therefore, it provides you with extra convenience and peace of mind, preventing potential risks. More than this, the suction cup feet keep the unit in place, thus it cannot move back and forth when slicing the food. As it measures only 9”x 12”, it is compact enough to fit most of the countertops and cabinets. Enjoy perfectly sliced meat, sliced fruits, and veggies, and make your favorite party platters whenever necessary without any other requirements. Know that the blade is removable to allow for easy cleaning. More than this, you’ll also benefit from step-by-step recipes and tutorial videos, as you have free access to Club Chefman.
- Well designed and easy to use
- The blade is very sharp
- It doesn’t take up too much space
- It is cost-effective
- Cleaning might be tricky for some
- There’s no pick up tray
This is a common purchase among the customers as it features a sharp blade powered by a reliable motor that will cut the meat exactly the way you want. People are pleased by the safety features but also the stylish and compact design, that allows for easy storage on your countertop.
5. Nesco FS-250
Nesco is another of the best products on the market for slicing thin to thick pieces of meat. It features an 8.7” stainless steel serrated blade, powered by an impressive 180W motor, able to provide you with even, perfect slices. As it is equipped with an adjustable knob, you can easily pick the desired thickness, depending on your preferences. Thus, you can slice from the thinnest to the thickest dimensions by just turning the knob. Made out of rugged, sturdy aluminum housing, it will resist over time and will prevent bacteria growth, therefore cutting fresh and healthy slices every time using it. More to be mentioned, it has a compact size to fit all the kitchen countertops or cabinets. Thanks to the suction cup feet, the unit will stay in place during its operation, so there are no risks of accidents when using it. Besides meat, Nesco lets you evenly cut a variety of food such as vegetables, fruits, cheese, and bread, all these at home without anything else needed. When finishing the job, just remove the blade and wash it carefully, until the next use.
- It slices quickly and evenly
- It is solid and durable, to resist over time
- Runs smooth and quiet
- Cleaning is a breeze
- It might get warm quickly
- Some would have preferred a thicker metal
Nesco is one of the most popular picks of the customers due to its powerful motor that makes the cutting process more effective and faster. Therefore, in just a few seconds, you’ll obtain even, perfectly sliced pieces of meat. More than this, its quiet operation is another factor people consider.
6. Gourmia GFS700
Specially designed with great cutting ability, Gourmia machine is equipped with a sharp 7.5” stainless steel blade, driven by a powerful 180W motor. With a wide sliding food carriage, coated steel, and aluminum housing it will resist for many years to come, providing you with the high-performance and effectiveness. Obtain the desired results by adjusting the thickness handle from ultra thin to 3/4” thick. Therefore, you can enjoy both thin and thick pieces of food, depending on your preferences. It’s relevant to know that it’s extremely safe and easy to use, as the suction grip bottom locks the unit into place to avoid slipping. Plus, the blade and food holder are detachable for easy cleaning. Make sure you only clean it by hand and do not put it into a dishwasher. Concerning the design, GFS700 is a great addition to your countertop or cabinet, as it only measures 9” x 14.8” x 11” and it will not take too much space. Plus, its modern and sleek appearance will perfectly match your kitchen décor. The company also guarantees the ETL certification, so you can be certain that your product is a safe and efficient one.
- Great cutting ability
- It’s easy to use and clean
- The modern and sleek design attracts all the users
- It cuts a variety of food
- Some claim quality could be improved
- Customer service could be better
This is a saleable product as it features a wide, sharp blade, able to cut all types of meat, together with vegetables, fruits, bread, and cheese. More than this, people choose it thanks to the modern and compact design that can easily fit their cabinets and countertops.
7. Cuisinart FS-75
If you are looking for a high-performance yet cost-effective unit, Cuisinart is the best option to take into consideration. This is because it is equipped with a 7.5” stainless steel serrated blade which is powered by a 130W motor. The slice control knob lets you adjust the proper thickness reaching up to 1/2”, to slice roasts, bread, cheese and many other more. For your piece of mint, the unit is designed with non-slip feet that allow for stable operation, with no risks when using it. More to be mentioned, you can definitely rely on its sturdy stainless steel construction that will provide you with endurance and efficiency over time. Even though it is solid and durable, it is also compact and lightweight, thus you can easily maneuver and store it. Cuisinart can be a great addition to your countertop without requiring too much space. Plus, the silver finish will make it look amazing in your kitchen. Its easy-clean design will thoroughly please you, too, as you just have to remove the blade, the food guide, and the carriage and wash them individually by hand.
- Highly efficient, yet cost-effective
- The ease of operation pleases all the users
- Small enough to fit cabinets
- Great for meat and bread
- Some would have preferred more powerful motor
- It could be less noisy
If you don’t want to spend too much money on a meat cutting device, the Cuisinart machine is definitely the best pick. The ease of use and cost-effectiveness make it a very popular choice among the customers. Even more, the premium materials and safety it brings are other relevant aspects people consider when shopping for it.
8. Elite Platinum EMT-503B
Elite Platinum is another choice to consider for obtaining perfectly sliced meat anytime needed. Specially designed with a 7.5” sharp blade, it can help you out in all your meat slicing projects. Besides, you can also cut cheese, vegetables, fruits, and even bread. It’s a very versatile pick, as it features an adjustable thickness dial which allows for added convenience. Therefore, you can easily adjust the desired thickness for your food, be it razor-thin or slices up to ½”. As safety is the most important aspect to take into consideration, it features a secure safety guide, that leads the meat to the blades while keeping your fingers safe. As well as, the non-slip feet assure balance and steadiness, in order to avoid potential accidents. As it concerns the design details, it will provide you with long-lasting performance as it’s made of high-quality aluminum, which is extremely sturdy but also rust-resistant and very easy to clean. The housing is modern and sleek, and it can be a great addition to the other kitchen appliances. Plus, it’ very compact and it won’t take too much room on your countertop.
- It’s very easy to operate
- Slices meat smoothly and easily
- The design is nice and modern
- It’s a budget-friendly pick
- It could have a quieter operation
- Some say it’s prone to overheating
This is a common purchase among the customers as it comes with lots of conveniences, such as the sharp blade and high-quality construction, which contribute to proper performance. The fact that’s fairly priced is another factor users take into consideration when shopping for it.
9. Techwood TWFS-1501
With a removable blade that measures 6.7”, the Techwood machine can provide you with thin and fine slices of meat. It uses 120 watts of power, enough for providing you with fast performance and operation. You can effortlessly choose the proper thickness when cutting thanks to the adjustable knob that cuts from super thin to approximately 3/4” thick, depending on your preferences. With this model, you’ll enjoy safety and effectiveness and the highest, this is because the unit is equipped with a silicone base so to make sure it’s stable during the usage. As well as, it’s made of food-grade materials, completely safe for your well-being. Thus, the food carrier and the food catcher are crafted of BPA-free materials, while the rest of the parts are made of stainless steel. Stainless steel is extremely safe and hygienic, as it won’t let bacteria grow and will prevent potential health problems. The plastic parts are removable, which makes the unit easy to clean, as well. Additionally, for your peace of mind, it comes backed by a 1-year warranty from the date of purchase in case of inconveniences.
- The smoothness and sharpness
- The fact that it’s very quiet
- The BPA-free components
- The ease of use
- Assembly instructions could be better
- Some would have preferred sturdier materials
The reason why people shop for this model is the efficient and powerful motor but also the sharp blade. As well as, the safety it brings due to the BPA-free design makes it even a more popular choice among the customers.
10. Chef’sChoice 6150000
Chef’sChoice is one of the most popular companies when speaking of food slicers. This home-use appliance is made of aluminum and stainless steel, offering resistance over time to provide you with the best outcomes. It comes equipped with a razor-sharp blade that measures 7”, which is able to cut even the toughest meat. The serrated blade can easily slice meat, veggies, bread, cheese in no time. The best feature to consider is the thickness adjustability it offers as you can choose the desired size with ease. Hence, you can obtain both thick and deli-thin slices, depending on your preferences. The unit will also please you with a large-capacity carriage with ample base that catches all the sliced food. We’re also speaking of a safe design as there’s the food pusher that doesn’t allow for accidents. Plus, the suction cup feet keep the unit steady, offering more stability during usage. The 615 model is also equipped with an On/Off switch and hidden storage for the electrical cord.
- The rugged construction pleases all customers
- Can offer even the thinnest cuts
- The sharpness of the blade delivers impressive results
- Cleans up very easy
- Cleaning might take a while
- The noise output is too high
Ideal for day by day use, it’s a must-have unit that will help you quickly slice food for lunch and dinner. It’s a small meat slicer, with a high-torque motor and super sharp blade that will properly work together to bring the best results.
11. Chef’sChoice 609A000
The 609A model is the perfect choice for home use, as it comes with everything necessary so you can obtain perfectly sliced appetizers. It features a high-torque motor, which is able to help you precisely cut a variety of foods, including homemade beef jerky, vegetables, fruits, even bread, and cheese. The 7” stainless steel blade can slice from deli-thin to approximately 3/4” slices, depending on your particular needs. Hence, you can obtain both fine and thick slices by just turning the knob the way desired. The food carriage is large enough to accommodate various slices, while the cantilever design offers fast and effective slicing. Another convenience to consider is the On/Off switch and the special safety button that secures food carriage in “lock” position in order to prevent potential accidents. All the components are made of food-grade materials, while the blade, the carriage, the pusher, and food deflector are detachable for easy cleaning. The silicone base is another factor worth to be considered as the unit won’t slip during usage, providing you with a stable and steady surface.
- The blade performs smoothly
- The ability to slice various types of meat
- Easy to maneuver and clean
- Has a good value
- It might not cut through fat easily
- There are no warranty details
This unit sells so well as it has a highly-efficient and razor-sharp blade, able to cut even the toughest pieces of meat. Moreover, the high-torque motor makes it a great device to consider, as it will help you slice everything needed in no time.
12. Cusimax CMFS-200
With 200 watts of power output, the CMFS-200 model will provide you with high-performance when it comes to perfectly sliced food. With Cusimax, you can prepare the most delicious appetizers as it can effortlessly cut through meat, veggies, fruits, bread, and cheese. The unit will please you with a razor-sharp, 7.5” stainless steel blade, which is also detachable for easy cleaning. More to be mentioned, with this model, you can change the thickness of the knob from 0.04” to 0.6”, depending on what you are going to slice. More than this, other relevant aspects to take into consideration are the On/Off switch that allows for safe operation and the large sliding platform that keeps a firm grip, keeping the users’ hands away from the blade. With this model, you don’t have to worry about accidents as the base features suction cup feet that offer steadiness during usage. What stands about it is the 18-month warranty, which assures added convenience and peace of mind but also the 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the product.
- The BPA-free food pusher is a great convenience
- Slices quickly and smoothly
- The compact design
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Some say the holder is too small
- Some have complained about uneven cuts
The reason why it sells so well is the great power output that makes it run quickly and efficiently. More than this, the large and sharp blade can perfectly slice meat, rigid veggies, bread, and also hard cheese. Thus, if you want to enjoy your dear ones with appetizing platters, this is for sure worth considering.
13. SuperHandy Food Slicer
As its name says it all, what more can you ask from a slicing machine than handiness? The SuperHandy unit is another reliable product you can count on for slicing from the thinnest to the thickest pieces of meat. With a razor-sharp blade, measuring 6.7”, it can be used to cut meat, cheese, and firm vegetables. As it uses a powerful 100-watt motor, it can quickly cut anything necessary so that you can prepare the most delicious platters for your family and friends. With this model, too, you can enjoy a variety of slicing options as it features an adjustable thickness knob that lets you cut the food from deli thin to 4/5” thick. The easy use and safe operation are other relevant aspects to take into consideration, mostly because there are suction cup feet for steadiness and reliability during the usage. Even more, as it concerns the cleaning process, you can rest assured as the blade, food carriage, food pusher, and food deflector are detachable for effortless cleaning. SuperHandy will also please you with a compact design, thus you can transport it anywhere needed with ease.
- The ease of operation
- The foldable design
- It’s a great option for beginners
- It only requires minimal cleanup
- Directions could be more precise
- Some design improvements would be great
This a common purchase among the customers thanks to the handiness it offers. It’s a small and compact unit, ideal for anyone who wants to obtain perfectly sliced pieces of meat, vegetables, or fruits. As well as, it’s a budget-friendly machine, for everyone’s needs and requirements.
Clean & Care Tips
Meat slicers are often used with a variety of food, thus cleaning and maintaining them is compulsory for both proper hygiene and performance. It’s known that meat leftovers can buildup and lead to bacteria growth. When bacteria reach the food, the possibility of disease is higher, so, to prevent these issues it’s important to follow some utmost steps concerning the cleaning process.
Firstly, you should always wipe the unit when using it with different kinds of meat, cheese, or other content. By wiping it frequently, you’ll avoid oil deposits and food buildup on the blade or plates. This will assure proper maintenance and hygiene, and will also lead to better performance over time. As well as, if the machine is constantly used, it’s recommended to clean it as often as possible. For proper and safe cleaning, you should consider some important tips, such as:
- Wearing protective gloves is a primordial aspect when starting the cleaning process. We recommend to wear cut-resistant gloves, or maybe cut-proof metal gloves during the blade cleaning process.
- The second step consists of accordingly following the manufacturer’s instructions for a safe and proper sanitation process.
- Do not use steel wool as it will lead to other inconveniences such as scratching the machine.
- Do not immerse the entire unit into the water, as it’s not completely dishwasher-friendly. The user’s manual will specify which components are dishwasher-safe and how others should be cleaned and maintained.
5-Step Cleaning Process
- First and foremost, set the thickness level to zero, then use a soft cloth and wipe both sides of the blade when the unit is moving. After all the food particles are taken out, just turn the machine off and uncouple it.
- Secondly, assure the gauge plate is completely closed and the sharpening stone is away. Next, remove the tray, the slice deflector, and the center plate. Wash, sanitize, rinse them, and then let them dry by themselves, without using any towel or cloth.
- Here comes the blade! The blade requires a little bit more attention as it plays, maybe, the most important role. You have two options, either remove it or leave it in place. Then, you just have to make a mix of soap and hot water and clean it thoroughly. If necessary, you can also use a degreaser for eliminating all the unpleasant oily spots. Note that both front and backside of the blade should be correctly cleaned.
- Wipe the exterior of the unit and get rid of the meat leftovers, then rinse it with hot water using a towel. Afterward, use meat slicer sanitizing spray all over the machine and let it air dry.
- Finally, oil the slide cylinders with a spray lubricant, wait for the unit to dry and then replace the blade, plate, and tray.
Purchasing a slicer might not be the easiest task to do considering it should own some relevant features. If choosing the right appliance, you’ll be provided with many years of performance and low maintenance, which is exactly how it should be. In order to help you out, we’ve made the following guide with the essential factors to look at when shopping for one:
- Slicing Efficiency – The first thing we should look at is the efficiency it brings, as it needs to be powerful enough to do the job quickly. Thus, in this case, it’s recommended to carefully consider the power features, such as the wattage. The motor performance will make the unit operate either slower or faster.
- Dimensions – As it’s a home-use appliance, you have to make sure the size is a proper one. Usually, you place it on the countertop, together with other kitchen utensils. Therefore, you won’t need a bulky appliance that will take too much room and offer cooking inconvenience. Make sure to measure the location where you want to place it and then choose the slicer.
- Thickness – The thickness concern only depends on the adjustability settings the appliance comes with. So, it differs from a model to another. If you want to obtain those thin slices, it should be adjusted to help you obtain them. You might also want thicker slices of meat, which require adjustability options, too. On the other hand, think if you’ll use it for other foods, except for meat, as it should require various thickness options.
- Easy Use – That’s what it should do, to be easy to use in order to accomplish the task quickly and effortlessly. You should look for proper ergonomics, handiness, and durability. The practical operation will lead to time-saving slicing.
- Warranty – A product needs to be backed by a warranty. Here’s the same, too, as there can show up various inconveniences that can be solved while being covered by the included warranty. Some of them even come with a lifetime warranty, which offers, for sure, peace of mind.
Considering all the models above, it will be easier to make the final decision. This is because all of them are trustworthy appliances, specially designed for high-performance. They have user-friendly designs and they will considerably. ease your job in the kitchen. Even though you are a novice in the field, it’s worth to try them out. Therefore, it just depends on your particular needs, for instance, we reliably recommend the Chef’sChoice 615A slicer for precise and smooth cuts, but also for a powerful motor that’s able to provide you with fast operation. As well as, if you need a slicer with a wide blade diameter, the Nesco FS-250 model can bring you exactly what you are looking for, as it has both a powerful motor and large blade diameter.