This is one of the most delicious recipes to try at least once, so if it seems difficult for you to do it, we come to your help with everything needed. It’s a delicious treat, easy to chew, and it’s also rich in proteins. Additionally, it doesn’t require an increased level of difficulty to be prepared. Its texture is a great one, too, considering that the meat is extremely delicate and easy to work with. Before starting, you need to know there are 2 ways to prepare jerky. The first one is to use a special jerky gun, while the other is to utilize regular kitchen utensils. So, let’s now start!
With Jerky Gun
Helped by this special utensil, you will obtain delicious and properly scored strips. Take a closer look at the steps below to figure out how to do it quickly and effectively.
Ingredients: 3 pounds ground beef, 4 teaspoons salt, 2 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper, 4 teaspoons garlic powder, 4 teaspoons onion powder
- Firstly, opt for lean meat, with the lowest amount of fat. It’s very important to avoid fat cuts, as it will not bring the desired outcomes. Ensure the meat you have chosen doesn’t contain more than 10% fats.
- Put it into a mixing bowl, scatter everything on top, and let it chill overnight.
- When it comes to dehydration, set the unit on 145-155-degree F.
- Introduce the content into the special gun, and ensure to avoid air bubbles.
- After ensuring there are no air bubbles, just pull the trigger and start making strips on the baking sheets.
- Make them as long as you prefer and keep a knife by your side to cut the meat when necessary.
- Repeat with each tray of the dehydrator.
- Dehydrate at 160-degree F between 3 and 8 hours, then check after three hours. If not properly dried, continue the process until reaching the proper outcomes.
- Jerky is ready when it becomes able to curve without get broken. More than this, it should be soft when touching it, without a tough crust.
- Once it is ready, wipe any potential grease and let it cool out.
- Store it into the refrigerator or freeze it for longer storage.
Without Jerky Gun
If you don’t own a jerky gun, you can count on the second method of preparing this recipe. In this case, there’s no need for a special gun as you can use other practical kitchen utensils. It’s important to know that ingredients remain the same, namely: 3 pounds ground beef, 4 teaspoons salt, 2 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper, 4 teaspoons garlic powder, and 4 teaspoons onion powder. Follow the below steps:
- Choose a lean ground beef and don’t use any meat that contains more than 10% fat.
- Put it into a mixing bowl, put everything on top, then insert in the refrigerator overnight.
- Ensure the dryer is on to about 145-155-degree F.
- When taking beef from cooling, place it on a baking sheet. Then, use a rolling pin and straighten it up to 1⁄4-inch thick.
- Cut it into strips, using a knife. Ensure they are properly cut so that they can easily break after dehydrating.
- If you are using an oven for the process, preheat it to 300-degree F. Put the meat within, and start baking for about ten minutes, leaving the door closed. As well as, make sure the internal temperature is 160-degree F. After this, start increasing it up to 170-degree F to minimum, and bake for other 2, keeping the door partially open.
- After the two hours, flip the content, then use a paper towel to dry it. Continue dehydrating for extra 2 hours until it reaches the proper consistency.
- It will be ready when it will curve without breaking by half.
- Enjoy the outcomes!