1. WEBER Summit S-660
High Searing Power
Weber is well-known in the grilling industry, so it has already accustomed users with high-quality machines. This one comes from the Summit series, which stands for performance and well-built manufacturing. S-600 pleases users with 6 burners and lots of extras. It has a 60,000 BTU power and a total of 769 square inches of cooking area. There’s the 624 square inches main cooking zone, together with other 145 square inches on the warming rack. Thus, it offers plenty of room where you can cook your favorite dishes.
There are lots of reasons to go for S-660, and the most important ones are:
- Infrared Burner – Delivering up to 10,600 BTUs, the rotisserie burner is mounted at the rear of the product. Using it, you’ll obtain perfectly seared steaks, with no grease or smoke emissions.
- Flavorizer Bars – They help distribute the heat evenly and prevent flare-ups.
- Smoker Box – The smoker box uses a 6,800 BTU burner that’s located on the right side of the cooking area. It allows for cooking versatility and authentic taste.
- 9mm Cooking Grates – They are made of resistant stainless steel and they have been specially designed to last over time. They also allow for cooking versatility, thanks to the large-sized design.
- LED Lighted Knobs – They change color when one of the burners is in use so that you can figure out easily which one is already on.
- Handle Lights – The two handle lights will automatically turn on when the lid is opened. They allow for nighttime cooking, offering extra visibility.
- Built-in Thermometer – You can easily control the temperature by just checking the thermometer that’s located on the top of the unit.
- It’s a high-end model
- Ideal for both residential and home purposes
- It has grill lights that allow for nighttime cooking
- The quality is outstanding
- The rear of the unit is not stainless steel
If you want maximum performance and high-quality manufacturing, there’s no better option than S-660. As it comes with everything necessary for proper use, it’s a great choice for those who need it in restaurants but also for home use.
2. Bull Outdoor Products BBQ 47628
Another reliable product you can count on is the Bull BBQ, as it features 5 burners that deliver 75,000 BTU heating efficiency. Offering an impressive primary cooking surface of 810 square inches, and other 210 square inches on the warming rack, you can sear lots of food at the same time without worrying about uneven cooking. This is due to the flame tamers that won’t allow for cold spots on the grill. Thus, Bull BBQ is a great option for large spaces as well as smaller facilities, such as home use.
- Back Burner – It features a 15,000 BTU back burner, which uses infrared technology, offering high searing results no matter the food type.
- ReliaBull Technology – The company has specially developed a heating surface where no inch is used. This technology offers even heat distribution and you can also add more items with no worries they won’t properly cook.
- Solid Steel Grates – The high-quality grates are specially designed for long-term use, also offering lots of room to sear your food. They are made of 304 stainless steel, which adds more durability over time.
- Twin Lighting System – It allows for effortless nighttime cooking, and it only works when the lid is opened.
- Drop-in Thermometer – With the thermometer on the lid, you can control the temperature without checking the grill from time to time to see if the food is completely cooked. Now, the thermometer ensures effortless monitoring.
- It’s easy to install
- The outstanding quality
- The large cooking surface
- It gets hot quickly
- The thermometer needs some improvements, as it might not suit outdoor use
- Customer support could be better
All in all, this is a product worth looking at especially if you have a large family. This is because it offers ample cooking space where you can sear various foods. Plus, it has a sturdy, reliable construction that will resist many years to come.
3. Lion Premium Grills L75623
With a total of 830 square inches of cooking space, Lion Grills will please you with cooking versatility, as it offers lots of grilling room. It features 5 burners that deliver 75,000 BTU and that allow for even heat distribution. Hence, you’ll get the best sear anytime using it, as all your food will be properly cooked with no cold spots. Design is outstanding, as well, as it features 304 stainless steel construction, with high-quality grates that can accommodate food for the entire family.
- Rotisserie Burner – With this infrared burner, you can easily cook chicken and turkey and also obtain the golden crust. It’s located at the rear of the unit, delivering 15,000 BTU power.
- Full Stainless Steel – One of the major benefits of this product is the stainless steel frame and housing that allow for many years of grilling outdoors.
- Adjustable Rack – It’s like a secondary warming area, as it can keep the content warm, also allowing you to control how much you heat the food.
- Interior Lights – There are two lights mounted inside the lid of the machine so that you can effortlessly cook during dim light conditions.
- Gourmet Package – This package includes the must-haves and it’s a starter kit for your unit. Thus, it comes with a rotisserie, a cover, a smoker box, a griddle, and griddle remover with a bottle opener.
- Complete stainless steel construction
- Comes with a grilling starter kit
- There are lots of upgradable options
- Lifetime warranty on most of the components
- The lack of flame tamers
- Additional upgrades can raise the final value
If you want a versatile unit with lots of user-friendly features and conveniences, then search no more. With ample searing room and lots of extras, this model will surely suit all your requirements. Plus, the durable construction is another aspect to consider when purchasing it.
4. Napoleon LEX 605
With an 850-square inches cooking area, LEX 605 provides users with high-performance and great heat distribution to ensure evenly cooked food. We’re speaking of a machine that uses 5 burners able to deliver up to 79,500 BTU. More than this, it’s a machine that offers reliability over time thanks to the durable stainless steel construction with chrome accents that’s meant to resist over time and to offer high-performance results.
- Iconic Wave Grids – Able to provide even heat, the grids are rust-resistant and also require little maintenance.
- Stainless Steel Plates – Made from 304 stainless steel, they avoid drippings, protect burners, and offer maximum searing performance for any type of food.
- JetFire Ignition – This system offers a reliable startup by shooting a jet of flame to properly light each burner individually.
- Lift-Ease Lid – The special lid uses center-gravity in order to easily lift without taking up too much space. Thus, it offers more convenience thanks to the compact design.
- Accu Probe Thermometer – Obtain total control when cooking, as the top-located temperature gauge offers precise data to avoid overcooking or under-cooking.
- Easy to put together
- The high-performance ignition system
- Quick heat up time
- Ease of maintenance
- No rotisserie burner
- No cover included
If you want to sear quickly, there’s no better choice than the Napoleon model as it uses the JetFire ignition system, which allows for high heat and quick start-ups. Besides, it offers ample cooking space, which makes it a great choice for larger families.
5. Blaze Grills BLZ-4-LP
Blaze Grills is another company that has gained popularity in the grilling industry. This is why we come to your attention with a 5-burner grill, which is able to deliver a total of 66,000 BTU power. Offering up to 738 square inches of cooking space, it lets you grill and sear food for your family and friends. Besides the high-performance it offers, we’re also speaking of high-quality manufacturing, as the unit is made of 304 stainless steel that ensures durability and resistance over time. More than this, the company pleases users with a lifetime warranty that assures all the components.
- Rotisserie Burner – The infrared burner uses 10,000 BTUs, and you can effortlessly use it for preparing delicious chicken without losing the natural juiciness and flavor.
- Flame-Thrower Ignition System – This is the main ignition system, which delivers fast start-ups every time, ensuring powerful action that leads to even cooking.
- Heat Zone Separators – Their purpose is to divide the cooking area into separate temperature zones.
- Flame Stabilizing Grids – Helped by these specially designed grids, flare-ups are reduced, while the smoky flavor is easily obtained.
- Double-Lined Cover – The durable and reliable cover is meant to protect your unit from heat discoloration and to assure great heat retention, as well.
- The flame-thrower ignition pleases all customers
- The heat zone separators allow for cooking versatility
- The grease management system is very practical
- The well-built manufacturing
- No rotisserie kit
- No interior lighting
If you want high-performance but extras aren’t that important, Blaze is a good option to consider. This is because of the effectiveness it brings, considering the remarkable ignition system. Even so, note that it doesn’t include a rotisserie kit, LED knobs, or internal lighting.
6. KitchenAid 740-0781
If you are looking for a cost-effective, yet highly efficient machine, this KitchenAid searing unit is the winning option. Ideal for daily use, it will perfectly fit your kitchen and provide you with delicious dishes in no time. Operating with 6 burners that deliver up to 71,000 BTU, it offers fast heating time and even cooking. The total cooking area measures 884 square inches, this means you can sear a variety of foods for your family and friends.
- Rotisserie Burner – Make perfectly seared foods and obtain that golden, crunchy layer by using the special rotisserie burner that operates with 10,000 BTU.
- 304-Grade Grids – Highly resistant for many years to come, they offer great heat retention while generating authentic sear marks on your food.
- Even-Heat System – This technology delivers even, consistent heat across all the stainless steel grates without leaving any cold spots. Thus, you’ll be provided with evenly cooked steaks and veggies in no time.
- Premium Ignition System – We’re speaking of a battery-operated ignition system, able to offer quick and easy start-ups, without having to wait too long until it’s ready to operate.
- Angled Flame Tamers – With this special feature, you’ll never know what flare-ups are. This is because they properly disperse heat and vaporize drippings to obtain that smoky smell.
- The excellent built quality pleases all users
- The roomy cooking surface is very practical
- The ease of cleaning
- The cost-effective convenience
- Some would have preferred a sturdier design
- The lack of internal lighting
If you don’t want to spend too much money on a grill but still want a variety of features and handy design, KitchenAid is the ideal choice. With high searing power and a quick ignition system, it will provide you with evenly cooked dishes without waiting too long.
7. Bull Outdoor Products 26039
Offering up to 810 square inches of cooking area, this unit lets you grill delicious food for the entire family. It features 4 porcelain coated burners that assure fast and even cooking, as they are powered by 60,000 BTU. The unit offers both high-quality and reliability as it’s made of 304 stainless steel, with a single piece dual-lined hood and stainless steel grates, which ensure many years of performance. Designed for built-in applications, and outdoor kitchens, it will provide you with the best outcomes anytime when grilling.
- ReliaBull Technology – You don’t have to worry anymore about unevenly cooked food, as this special feature helps you obtain perfectly seared steaks. As well as, it improves heat distribution on your grill by 50%.
- Igniters on Every Valve – It uses Piezo igniters, which are popular for their durability. They are located on every valve and they can withstand even the toughest applications. Hence, they will extend the life of the unit.
- Porcelain-Coated Burners – Burners play an important role when speaking of grills, thus the unit pleases users with four, high-quality burners that generate 60,000 BTU.
- Stainless Steel Grates – As stainless steel is extremely solid, the grates will prevent drippings, and care for the burners, leading to longer product lifespan.
- Built-in Temperature Gauge – On top of the unit, there’s a built-in thermometer that offers accurate temperature information, providing total control.
- The outstanding manufacturing pleases all customers
- Gets hot quickly
- Easy to put together and use
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Some say it’s prone to rust
- Instructions could be better
If you’re interested in purchasing a compact unit, this is for sure a good choice worth looking at. Its small-sized design makes it the best addition to smaller outdoor kitchens, offering simplicity. Even so, it’s an impressive machine that uses 60,000 BTU heating power, which won’t disappoint your requirements.
Gas VS Propane Built-In Grills
All the grilling fans are divided into two main categories, namely those who are working with natural gas units, and those who use propane-powered units. Both of them are reliable options that help you obtain perfectly seared steaks. Even so, there are lots of debates on which one is the best. Clearly, there are similarities and differences between these two, so let’s take a closer look at them and find out more!
If you decide to go for a natural gas-powered grill, you need to own a natural gas installation in your home. Even though it’s a more expensive option, you’ll end up saving money over time. This is because you’ll never run out of gas, thus you won’t have to replace the tank with a new one. On the other hand, it’s an environmentally-friendly decision, as natural gas has lower CO2 emissions. Another benefit to consider is the ease of cleaning. There are also drawbacks, such as the non-portable design, as they are connected to the gas line, but also the professional installation, which might require higher expenses.
On the other hand, the main benefit of propane-powered units is the mobility they offer. They operate with a propane tank that can be brought anywhere you want, so you can move the grill wherever necessary. Propane machines are also more powerful than natural gas-powered ones, as propane contains 2,500 BTU per cubic, while natural gas contains 1,000 BTU per cubic. They will provide you with better heating efficiency, leading to evenly cooked food. However, the downside is that you can run out of fuel during usage if you don’t properly monitor the amount of gas in the tank. Luckily, most grills have a gauge that lets you know when you’re getting low. Another inconvenience is the price, as we all know, propane is more expensive than natural gas.
Hoping that our review helped decide which one of the units best suits your needs, the final decision is a personal one, according to each one’s requirements. Even so, if we’d have to choose, we’d anytime go for WEBER Summit S-660 as it’s a high-end machine, with lots of innovative characteristics that work for both commercial and home uses. It stands for a variety of burners, quick heating time, and powerful ignition, all these leading to high-performance outcomes.
Any other way, if you are looking for ample cooking surface, there’s no better choice than Bull Outdoor Products BBQ 47628 as it offers a total space of 1020 square inches. Roomy, practical, and extremely versatile, it’s a good choice for larger families, parties, friends gatherings, and many other events.
Lion Premium Grills L75623 does its job accordingly, as well, and it’s a middle-range option for day by day use. It’s an ideal pick for all the beginners, but also for those who are keen on lots of extras, as it comes with the Gourmet Package that includes everything necessary for excellent grilling experiences.